Friday, August 27, 2010

Growing up is Inevitable

I am beginning to realize that growing up is inevitable. While I am very excited for what may come my way as I become an adult. I'm frightened. Scared of experiences I'm not yet ready to have. Decisions, I'm not ready to make.
My 17th birthday has just passed, and I am in my senior year of high school. How am I supposed to have my life figured out in a year? I have no possible idea of what I want to do for a job, or if I even really want to go to college. Even when I do think of something I would be interested in doing for the rest of my life, I begin to think more of other things I would like to do, and I just get so frustrated!
Why does it seem like we have to have it all figured out? And I need to work on getting a job as well. I'm not ready for all this responsibility and stress that comes along with it. How do I deal with this? I just wish sometimes...That I was still only 5. I wouldn't have to worry about anything except when Arthur is going to be on. And when my next snack is.
Prepared, I am not. Why does it seem like everyone has it all figured out except me?

I apologize for my little rant just then. I've been thinking and this has been on my mind for a while. I hope you don't mind!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment