Tuesday, October 13, 2009

<[Love}>

Love. Such a simple word, yet it can mean so much. What is the definition of love exactly? When I looked up love in the dictionary, this is what I discovered: "A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person." I think that is so very true. But love is also so much more then that.

Today, the word "love" is misused so very often. For example: When a teenager says they love their girlfriend, or boyfriend. How can they determine that? How can a teenager actually say they love someone, that they've only just met. Now, I know that's not the case for some teenage relationships, but it is for quite a few.

The Bible says that,"Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, or boast. Love is not proud, it is not rude. Love keeps no records of wrongs, it is not self seeking or easily angered. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth."

Love is so much more then what people of today's society believes it is. If I could, I would describe love in my own words. But I find that so difficult to do. Now, you might be thinking to yourself, I can't put it into my own words because I really don't know what it means. Or because I am really just too lazy to think of something to say about it. I tell you, that is not the reason at all.

Love is so much more then what any words could ever describe. I have surely found love. The most amazing kind. This love could not be with any human being on earth. This love I have found, is with Jesus Christ. He loves me more then I could ever understand, and I love him as much as I ever could.

Sometimes I struggle with this concept, of loving something that I can't see. But it's not about seeing. It's about feeling his love for me every single day of my life, by remembering what he did for me. A good quote from the movie"Santa Clause" is this, "Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing." That quote always comes to my mind when I think of believing in God. God loves us, all and every single one of us. It's hard to comprehend what, exactly that means when people say that He loves us. But he does! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment